Thursday, September 1, 2011

New (school) Year's Resolution.

Today was the first day of school. 

First day of second grade for my Coen.  He was excited and happy. His only issue was that he pulled a groin muscle and was very concerned about his ability to sit "criss-cross apple sauce". 

First day of teaching for Tad.  He was excited and nervous.  He's now exhausted and happy. 

Lucy starts next week but that'll be a-whole-nother blog post.

Right now, in my life, I'm working on being a calmer, more positive person.  I bought some tupperware containers (no actually, my sister bought them for me) so I can make lunch packing a more positive experience.  I am also planning on getting the kids involved in the food choices.

My first step is just walking slower.  And sitting with my kids for more than five minutes when they want me. And realizing that the dishes can wait.  I'm excited about this school year, with all three of my beloveds in one place.  I think it will be a year to be more present and more relaxed.

Speaking of relaxed, my kids are tucked away in bed now and Tad is preparing himself for tomorrow.  Day 2.  I think I'll go do the dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment