Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools!

I don't mind a good joke... as long as no one or their property gets hurt (physically or emotionally).  I had a friend in high school who would go and unscrew 1 light bulb from the Christmas lights on wealthy people's decorations.  My mom always loved that one.  My friend Billy (who's birthday is very fittingly today) ALWAYS gets me to believe the things he says. He had me going (on different occasions) that his father was a train conductor, that he had a monkey for a bellhop at his hotel in Mexico, and that he too, like my family was ALSO going to be seeing Cirque du Soliel in San Francisco the same weekend!  Yeah, I'm gullible.  And I don't have much of a penchant for tricks myself.
So today is April Fool's Day.  My son wanted to know why we weren't celebrating. He loves a reason to celebrate.  We walked around by the lake shore and had lunch with my parents, my sister and niece and nephew.  Tonight we're taking our parents out for a fish fry.
Then we're moving to Honolulu.  Ha! Just kidding. April Fools! See...I'm just not very good at it.
Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment