Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Relaxing night

Well, I was a bit troubled last night.  I was stressed about money, stressed about the new roof we need and the water stain that's slowly spreading on our living room wall.  Stressed about Tad's school and my time with the kids and on and on and on....
But last night I curled up in bed at 9:00 with The Phantom Tollbooth and was asleep well before ten.  Today I feel much less stressed.  Oh, the problems are still there...I spent an hour on hold with the State of Wisconsin today to deal with one...but I feel more relaxed.  Because after all, in the end, we are lucky.  Tad reminded me today.  We are us and we are lucky, no matter what temporary household, financial, or school-related problems may be around for now...

This evening Tad and I quietly coexisted together while he worked on homework, we both listened to the Brewers on the radio and I ate frozen peanut butter cups and sewed.  See above for tonight's project. 

So, there you go dear readers. Enjoy your night.  I'm lucky to be me and you're lucky to be you.  And we're all lucky that peanut butter cups and freezers exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment