Monday, August 30, 2010

Filled up freezer

 My freezer is full of individually wrapped items for later on... the round flat ones are pancakes.  I made a triple batch when we had breakfast on Saturday and now can pop a pancake or two in the toaster in lieu of much more expensive frozen waffles.  The other round ones are muffins that I made for yesterdays breakfast--three kinds!  Banana flax seed, banana chocolate chip flax seed, and bran. These will be snacks. The rectangular ones are pieces of zucchini bread for snacks as well. And the square ones are leftover pizza pieces which will be thawed and put into school lunches.  The more I bake and cook. the more I freeze..I'm going to have to come up with a label system!

  Right now my kids are watching a show: "Charlie and Lola" which we got from the library: free!  And Lucy is eating a banana flax seed chocolate chip muffin and a smoothie.  (I've been buying strawberries-on sale- and freezing them immediately for smoothies).  Coen is having bran muffins and cantaloupe (on sale this week 2 for $3)   I also have a surplus of watermelon so today we are going to play outside and then cool off with watermelon slushies

4 cups watermelon
10 ice cubes
1/3 cup lime juice
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 t. salt
Blend it together in the blender and serve with a dollop of whipped cream!

Today is officially the last day of summer (for me). I'm home with the kids. Tomorrow they're at their grandparents and Wednesday school starts. With our watermelon slushies and thaw-ready snacks, were going to have a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment