Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How much paper would a space case waste if.....

Well, it is National Disability Employment Awareness month... This means I am very hard at work on a little project called Disability Mentoring Day.
I have been busy, super duper busy, since early September all the way up until this week working on finding job shadow placements for 160 youth with disabilities in the Metro-Milwaukee area!  The kids apply to the project and I set them up with a job shadow that is anywhere from an hour to a full day in one of their top three job choices.  The most popular? Music, animals, health care, graphic design and carpentry or auto mechanics. 
I have been hard at work and am proud to say that 159 of those kids have been placed and will be going out to their placement sometime during the day tomorrow. The one left wants to job shadow with the Milwaukee Bucks. I'm working on it.  It'll happen. Pretty much no one says no to me.
Anyway, today I was printing participation certificates out--250 of them.  For the kids, teacher and of course for the mentors.  My printing code is 8390.  In my frenzy of printing and typing and hitting buttons and clicking the mouse....I accidentally typed 8390 in under number of copies rather than the code.  I can't even begin to tell you how many copies ran off before I realized my error.
Now I have a huge pile of scrap paper.  Huge. 
The, this afternoon, I took Coen to the doctor's office for his 7-year check up.  After we checked in, the receptionist handed me a big pile of paper with a smile.  "Scrap paper for you!" she said.
Whaaaa?!

No comments:

Post a Comment