Thursday, October 21, 2010

On reading and watching the ends of things

   Speaking of free-ish entertainment, I'm watching Glee right now.  I got it on Netflix so I'm only on the first season. I'm having a lot of fun with it...with the occasional need to fast forward through things.

  Oh did I mention my issue with stressful shows and books? I almost got kicked out of the movie theater when I went to see Ransom with Mel Gibson.  The man behind me turned around and said "would you PLEASE?!!!"  The usher had to come and threaten me to settle down or leave.  Needless to say, I don't see stressful movies in the theater anymore. 

  But the thing is, I'm so easily stressed out, even Three's Company stresses me out!

  I read the last of the Harry Potter books walking around while I held the book open.  I couldn't sit. I couldn't handle it. In fact, I read the last page of every book I leave before I read the first page.  I know that this seems a little weird to some, but the thing is, I don't get any less out of a story just because I know the end.  In knowing the end, I am relieved of my stress and I get to enjoy the way the story moves.

  So back to Glee.  I have been very stressed about who is going to end up with whom and which very bad relationships are going to end so better ones can blossom as they should!! And NO one would tell me what was going to happen...
 
  People seem to think they are doing me a favor by not telling me the endings of things! 
 
  So my coworker overheard me on the phone asking my sister about Glee.  After I hung up, he told me all the things I needed to know for a stress-free viewing.

  I am so pleased!  Now I can enjoy this little show, already knowing about about endings of things that will stress me out and just focus on all the music and sparkly sets and high school melodrama!!

No comments:

Post a Comment