Thursday, October 28, 2010

Woodmans

Have I mentioned Woodmans yet, dear readers?  Woodmans, wow.  . My mother in law told me about it. I knew it was a big grocery store.  A big cheap grocery store. And that's the word that I kept thinking--cheap.  When I think cheap, I think of the off brand chocolate (flavored) chips I once bought that made my cookies taste like warm gooey plastic.  When I think cheap, I think of the generic plastic bags that I bought which fell apart when filled with too many cheerios.  When I think of cheap I think of the dollar store toothpaste which did not meet American Dental Association requirements.  You get the picture...
So I thought, 'I don't know about Woodmans.' How will it be? Will it be that kind of cheap?  Will the meat and cheese be edible? 
But my neighbor Bill told me that it is amazing there. That I would need to set aside some time to go because of its sheer size, but that it was a definite worthwhile stop.  I've now been twice.  I love it.

The first time I went, I made a special trip. Its way out in Oak Creek. I drove there, bought a lot of stuff, then drove to Pick-n-save and bought the stuff that would still be cheaper there with double coupon day. Then went to Target to get diapers (which are still cheapest there when you buy the generics) and a wedding present for a friend.  I spent a total of $120 and bought the whole week's worth of groceries, diapers and toilet paper, and a wedding present.  Pretty amazing.  I was wishing for an omniscient mathemetician to tell me whether the driving around and time spent was worth the savings. 

Then I went yesterrday.  This time I planned my time better. I had to teach a class at Oak Creek High School, so I was right there already. I went right after that.  I went to get the other stuff at Pick-n-Save later on in the afternoon.  I spent a total of $75. 

Woodmans is huge. It is so huge that I lost my car.  Apparently there are two parking lots.  It has an incredible produce section and bakery.  You should go there.  Really. Try it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment