Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lost (not the show, the state of being)

I've never been that good at letting go.  I mean, I slept with my stuffed donkey, Jack until I was well into adulthood. He came to the Peace Corps with me.  When something is bugging me, it is WAY HARD for me to forget about it.  Yesterday I lost three very important items...I am having a very hard time this morning letting go.

After our really busy, but really lovely autumn day in which we:
Headed out of the house at 8:30 a.m. for Coen's soccer game, only to find that it was cancelled
AND
Went to Cranky Al's for doughnuts instead where we ran into two other kids from Coen's team and their families
AND
Went to the Elegant Farmer for a train ride, shopping and lunch with my sister
AND
Came home for Lucy to take a (brief) nap and Coen to watch the 1930s animated version of Gulliver's Travels
AND
Went out again at 4:30 to Greendale to go to a "Haunted Walk in the Woods", an event that Tad's parents were not at, but wanted us to go to as it had been planned by Tad's Dad and the Greendale Historical Society
AND
Following the walk, had a picnic dinner in the park where the kids played until dusk

I managed to lose a set of keys, my sunglasses and $20.

I think I lost the keys at the Elegant Farmer.  I am pretty sure I lost the money in line for the haunted walk where I took cash out of my pocket to pay our way in....  The sunglasses, well it beats me!

I am letting it go.  Totally forgetting about it!  Completely over it.

Maybe I'll go search my jeans again!

No comments:

Post a Comment