Thursday, October 7, 2010

Two month itch

Well I've got it...the two month itch.  What is the two month itch, you might ask?  Well, I have not bought a thing outside of groceries and gas for two full months now. Not a thing. If I can't eat it or run my car with it, I'm not buying it. 
But the other day I needed to stop at the store to pick up a birthday present for my friend.  The place didn't take a check card.  So I went to the local cash machine and withdrew twenty dollars.  That left me with ten dollars burning a hole in my wallet.  Did I save it for an emergency or to put it towards groceries? No.  It took me approximately ten seconds to look around a locate a lovely re-sale boutique to pop into and spend all of that ten dollars on a shirt and a sweater.  Ahhhhhh, I missed being a consumer.
Now, mind you, I did not go to the Gap or the Limited or any place like that to spend.  Mind you, I probably could only buy one sock at one of those stores with ten dollars, if that.  I went to a Goodwill-owned boutique.  "The Re-Tique" Cute, huh?  They had super cute stuff and nothing I saw was more than $7.99. 
I'm also slated to go out to dinner with my girlfriends on Monday.  I suggested Noodles since I still have my gift card for there from a generous donor! But my sister says she'd rather buy me dinner than go to Noodles for a girls night out. 
I also went to Target and bought our Halloween Trick or Treat candy and let each kid pick out a $10.00 or less toy. 
Yep, its the two month itch. I'll settle down now.... something tells me in two months from now..there'll be some more spending going on again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment