Monday, February 21, 2011

Leftovers!

One great way of saving money is making meals so big they last a few days. Today I will be making lasagna! Two lasagnas actually. One for my family (which will likely last for the next three, possibly four days) and one for my neighbor who just had a baby! The other perk of long-lasting meals is that you have to decide what to have for dinner less nights a week!

I make mine with ground turkey and eggplant mixed into the sauce (or just eggplant for all the vegetarians)

The cheese is mozzarella, of course, mixed with cottage cheese and one egg.  Sounds weird, I know but it makes for a great tasting lasagna!!!

I will try to enlist the help of my children for chopping and stirring on this wintry day off!

Right now they are watching library rented videos and eating banana flax seed muffins I made because we had two bananas rapidly approaching rot! 

I think my husband snuck back to bed!

I'm sending solidarity to those heading to Madison for more rallying today!

No comments:

Post a Comment