Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Reconnecting

I know that this blog has been about living simpler and that sometimes it tailspins into just stories about my everyday life...  Now, more than ever, we have to live simpler. The loan we got from Tad's parents is run out and we are truly living on my income alone...  Every two weeks, I pay the bills and then we have enough to spare to buy groceries (thank you Woodmans and Aldi for helping me stick to my $75 a week budget!) and gas up both cars. That's it.  So today, I need an oil change.. and what are we going to do? Charge it. Oh well.

But I'll tell you what. I am lucky to work for an organization that sends me to cool conferences. And this afternoon I am leaving for the Kalahari indoor water park hotel in Wisconsin Dells.  And I'm bringing my family with me.  Coen and Tad will miss a few days of school, but that is okay. Tad spent 10 hours on Saturday getting caught up and then ahead on his homework. Coen will bring along his readers and do his daily reading in the hotel room. And well...Lucy's just going to skip a few days of daycare, saving us cash!

So the four of us will drive to the Dells this afternoon and spend time togehter. No rushing anyone in to coats and snowpants.  No one will be going anyplace they dont' want to go.  We'll be together.  Either playing in the waterpark or sitting by the fireplace in our room.  And I can not wait to reconnect with my family and rid us of the winter blues~!

I will not be blogging for those four days, dear readers.  But enjoy the sun!  And I'll enjoy the florescent Kalahari waterpark lighting.  And my family.  And when I return, I'll reconnnect with my blog and try to share some more money saving tips and recipes!

1 comment: