Tuesday, February 1, 2011

To say 'dang it' or to say 'darn it'...That is the question.

This morning I went into the kitchen and saw that both Tad and I had forgotten to put the thawing pork into the fridge overnight. 
"Dang it!"  I said, throwing the possibly bacteria-ridden, illness-inducing product into the garbage.
"Mommy!" Came a shout from Lucy. "You said 'dang it.' You should say 'darn it'; its nicer."
Hmm..is it nicer? I wondered who told her that. 

At any rate, tonight's dinner was ruined and I was saying far worse things in my head than 'dang it' or 'darn it'

But when I got back to my desk after a staff meeting at work, I saw that MPS is cancelled for tomorrow due to the coming snow storm and early dismissal today.  I had planned on a regular night, waste not want not and all that and just fashioning some dinner out of other in-the-house supplies.  But now...

SNOW DAY!!!! 

I stopped at the store on the way home and picked up some more pork for my previously planned pork and hominy stew and some bread and some other provisions--mostly chocolate flavored. 

We are having a good dinner tonight and dessert after. Tomorrow will be a sudden middle of the week weekend day and we'll have homemade zucchini bread and smoothies and watch cartoons all morning long!

Oh. Wait.  We have no more zucchini.  Darn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment