Sunday, February 13, 2011

Schmalentines

When I was in my twenties and still looking for love (and getting discouraged often) I started making Schmalentines.  What are Schmalentines, you might ask? They are the anti-valentine. They can be as disgusting, vulgar, cynical as you want and they are lots of fun to make. 

This year, I got busy making homemade valentines for my son to take to school and my daughter to take to daycare.  Of course, after all my labors, my son likes them so much.. (they were made out of dragon pictures he had drawn and pasted on to colorful paper...) he wants to keep five.  So now i have to spend Sunday night make five extra valentines so he has enough to bring.  Jeeeeez! Of course, Tad gently reminded me as I grumbled as I pasted and cut that I made it my job to MAKE valentines, when we could have just bought some...and furthermore if Coen wants homemade valentines, he would make them himself...   He was right, that jerk!  But oooh do I love him! 

All of this led me to say...as I did, years ago: Valentines Schmalentines!  Here are a few for your perusal. Happy Schmalentines!




No comments:

Post a Comment