Friday, March 25, 2011

A beautiful (well, this is a flexible word here) walk in the Audubon

My friend Amy and I made plans for breakfast and a walk in the Audubon.  These plans were hatched during those 60 degree sunny days we were seeing around here for a while.  Our day came and it was sleeting, raining, and 32 degrees. 

We met at her house and took her daughter to school, went out to eat at a Greek family restaurant in Brown Deer, and then poncho-ed up and headed over to the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center.  As we walked, our mittens and boots immediately soaking through and our dripping ponchos blowing in the icy wind, Amy looked at me and said, "You are my only friend who would go for a walk with me in this weather." We laughed.

After we got moving we warmed up as we talked and laughed. We even got to see two deer in the woods and huge crashing waves on Lake Michigan. Perhaps my favorite part of the whole experience was these two sets of geese, having some kind of honking stand-off. It was like West Side Story in the woods!  I would share the video, but I don't think the hilarity translates from my brain to the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment