Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Up-Cycling

There is not much I enjoy more (as a purely selfish activity) than resale shopping.  Last week Thursday, I received my expense check at work which covers things like mileage, perdiem, hotel stays, etc... It turned out, because of two business trips last month, to be a  biggie!  After using most of it to pay my credit card bill, I still had some extra.  And oh boy, was I irresponsible.  I went resale shopping.  So as I hang my head in shame, for breaking down and shopping for me and me alone, I thought I'd still share with you my three FAVORITE re-sale boutiques.
 Retique, at 190 N. Broadway is a Goodwill Industries store.  It has Goodwill prices with boutique style.  The clothing and jewelry at this location are handpicked so that you don't have to sort through yourself. I love it! 
 Then there is Re-Threads at 2943 N. Humboldt Blvd.  Re-Threads is all recycled and previously owned items, as well as vintage clothing.  I ADORE this store.  This was the site of my indiscretionary shopping trip last week.  I spent a whopping $40 and purchased: a grey handknit sweater poncho, two short sleeved tops that can be worn over a long sleeve t-shirt or on their own, depending on the weather, a pair of plaid pants and a pair of greenish dress pants.  Come ON! It doesn't get any better than that!  My wardrobe feels new again. 
 Finally, there is U-Turn, near my own neighborhood at 6905 N. Avenue, Wauwatosa.  U-Turn not only has handpicked consignment clothing and shoes, but handmade purses, jewelry and other items made by local artisans. 
  Just thought I'd share. If you wanna shop-shop re-sale! It's cheaper, it's greener and its WAY more fun!

Re-Tique in the 3rd Ward

Re-Threads on the East Side

U-Turn in Wauwatosa

No comments:

Post a Comment