Friday, March 18, 2011

Blueberry? Pancakes....

One of my favorite money saving things is to make a lot of food and then freeze it for later. 

For Christmas a very good friend of mine, Brian, gave Tad and I a supersaver food shrinkwrapping system to help us out with that endeavor. 

So I have made tons of soups, stews and mixy casseroley things, all that can be eaten for days or eaten once and the rest frozen for later.

One thing I really have enjoyed is making a slew of pancakes on Sunday mornings and then freezing all the leftovers for easy before school breakfasts.  Just pop a frozen pancake in the toaster and voilla! You have breakfast in minutes.  A lot of times when I make pancakes I'll add blueberries (just to mine)  The kids don't like blueberries in their pancakes and Tad doesn't eat pancakes.

Recently, when I make Coen one of the frozen pancakes for breakfast, he exclaims in horror that he can TASTE blueberries!  The first time I indulged this notion, thinking that maybe I accidentally got a bit of blueberries on the extra pancakes.  Then it happened again! He jumped out of his seat and ran to the bathroom to spit out chewed up pancake. Come ON!  I was pretty sure in this batch there had been no blueberries.  Now I have a back stock of frozen pancakes that it seems futile to try and give Coen for breakfast.  Looks like I know what my breakfast will be for a while!

Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment