Saturday, March 19, 2011

A rainbow books kind of day

Currently Lucy is napping. Well, I should be more clear. She's up in her room engaging in enforced rest time which involves her calling downstairs periodically with the claim, "I woke up!"  I'll go get her in 1/2 hour.  Coen and Tad are outside, Coen riding his scooter, and Tad walking alongside him with a mug of cooling coffee.

I am writing my blog (obviously) and eating a spoonful of peanut butter decorated with chocolate chips. Nice, right?

Recently we donated Lucy's old crib to our neighbor who is expecting her third child.  In thanks, she and her husband gave us a gift card to Four Corners of the World Fair Trade store and Rainbow Booksellers as well as a bag of coffee!  I think they probably could have bought a used crib instead but we were so extremely appreciative.  And the coolest thing about that gift was that all of it is from places run in our community, fair trade and otherwise.  So yesterday, Lucy and I did a little fair trade shopping.  At the fair trade store, I was talking to the clerk and she knew who our neighbor was who gave us the gift certificate and commented on how supportive her family is of local wares. 

We brewed the coffee this morning (mmmmm) and drank it while the kids watched Winnie the Pooh's Grand Adventure

I think after Lucy is up from her (non) nap, we'll head down to Rainbow booksellers and let each kid pick a book out.  It seems like that kind of day.

Thanks to my wonderful, super community conscious neighbor if you are reading this...and even if you are not...I'm sending it out.  Because as we told Coen at dinner, what we send out...it comes back.

Happy Huge Moon tonight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment