Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fifty bucks later.... a day well spent

   Tad's friend came to town today with his daughter, who is Coen's age and his niece, who is 15 (who I adore) and we went to the public museum.  I found myself, before the day started, having to let go of things financial.  We can get into Betty Brinn's for free but the public museum was the favored venue. I wanted to park on the street and just feed the meters, but the underground parking was so much easier. 

  I pocketed a fifty dollar bill given us by my parents as one of our MANY wonderful Christmas presents and decided to go with it.

Museum admission for a family of four: $42
Watching Coen hunt for the Estonian room at the European village part of the Streets of Old Milwaukee to please his Momma and having Lucy clutch at me me in mock terror when the monkey in the rain forest exhibit roared: Priceless.... I know..its an old joke, but I couldn't resist it. And I'm not done yet.

Parking underground at the museum: $10
But priceless: Getting to leave and enter the museum unencumbered by coats, hats, mittens, boots or other winter accoutrement's.  Getting to the car fifteen seconds after we were done with the museum and ready to go home to regroup. 

That was the morning activities.  This afternoon/evening, we joined another family at their house and ate a lovely dinner and talked while our children played with their children in relative harmoniousness all evening long.

It was a lovely lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment