Monday, December 13, 2010

Six Geese a-laying, Five GOLDEN RINGS.....

Okay, well, our anonymous 12 days of Christmas giver is keeping it going.  I can only assume thatthis is the doing of my next-door neighbors.  On Saturday morning, Coen was up at 6:00, excited to watch his Eyewitness Sharks video that his daddy got him at the library.  After Lucy got up at 7:00, we all watched Frosty the Snowman.  I stood up to put away the DVD and happened to look out the window.  There, on the porch, was package number four.  I pointed it out to Coen and he ran to the door to retrieve it.

It was a small basket with four little bird whistles. Two of them were beautiful, Mexican looking ceramic.   And the other two were plastic birds that whistle like a garden warbler when you fill the bottom part with water.  The kids were going crazy blowing their bird whistles around the house for the next 1/2 hour.

We were very lucky to get to drop Coen and Lucy off at my parents' Saturday afternoon for an overnight date night.  We went to Tad's cousin's wedding.  In between the ceremony and reception, we got some Christmas shopping done (and some coffee).
Sunday morning, we slept in (yay) and got up to wrap the kids' presents while they were out of the house.  When my parents arrived with them, Coen found basket number five on the doorstep.  It was five red cloth napkins with..... FIVE GOLDEN RINGS...around them.

I told my parents the story of our gifts and soon my sister and family showed up and we all decorated sugar cookies and listened to The Little Drummer Boy on record.

This week I'll be making my cookies and will bring a big container next door!

No comments:

Post a Comment