Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The outcome of the dentist debacle

Debacle is a weird word isn't it?  It could be some Italian dessert.  Debacle with vanilla cream sauce.   Or chocolate cake with debacle ganache.  Or some kind of fancy eyeglass.  Hold on, let me get my debacle before I read that document.  Or you could just say it a bunch of times in a row until it no longer makes sense.  debacle debacle debacle debacle debacle debacle debacle debacle debacle debacle
debacle
debacle
debacle

Anyway...yes, my dentist debacle. Remember that?  How they denied my appeal and how mad I was in that cartoon picture I drew of myself?

Well, let me tell you. That after I had my appeal denied I called an advocacy agency and they said they would take the matter up.  They too were denied.  What?! Even the experts!

So I wrote a very pleasant and unscathing letter to the dentists office, explaining the situation and asking, very kindly, if they might be willing to remove this fee from my record OR at least help me with part of it, since they were indeed the ones who peer pressured---well, hygienist pressured me into making the six-month appointment AND then giving me a six-month appointment two days before the actual six months. 

And guess what?!! The dentist office called me last week Wednesday (and I do apologize for having forgotten to tell you.) and said that they received my letter and would be more than happy to take that particular bill off my record!  Isn't that nice? 

I tell ya, a little advocacy goes a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment