Monday, December 13, 2010

Six Geese a-laying

It was COLD today.  Coen and Lucy came down to breakfast and I told them that Jack Frost had come. They hurried over to see all the pretty designs on the windows.  Coen ran back and forth from the window to the table, scraping ice off the windows and putting it in his oatmeal.

After work today, I picked up Lucy and then Coen while the pork kabobs (I bought this HUGE pork tenderloin and froze it in parts--it is lasting us five meals!) and the homemade french fries baked in the oven. (For the fries, just cut a peeled potatoe into thin strips, shake up in a bowl with olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt and rosemary).  Tad went out so I was going to be home with the kids alone.  Its been awhile.  Lucy was extremely crabby upon pick up so I got a little nervous that the night's trend was beginning. 

But we picked up Coen with no incident and then came home.  In this freezing weather, our garage door keeps getting stuck halfway as its opening.  I was trying to fix it (and had attempted to open the door six times with no success) and then realized that Coen was antagonizing Lucy in the car.  I made him get out and come see if he could reach to press the garage door button.  He touched it and it opened. All the way!  I told him he was magic.  We all got out of the garage and there was a basket sitting right by our back fence.

I brought it in and the Coen and Lucy opened it up.  It was an emptied egg carton wrapped in cellophane.  In the cups were six little ornaments with a paper ornaments to match.  The paper ornaments had little nursery rhymes or poems to go with.  Coen and Lucy had fun playing with the ornaments while I read all the rhymes. Then they hung each one on the tree. They didn't even fight over who hung what. It was magical!!

I sing, I sing
From morn till night
From cares I'm free
And my heart is light.

Happy sixth day.

No comments:

Post a Comment