Monday, December 6, 2010

I've been dreaming of a thrifty christmas


Me and my homemade shirt
 So I've been trying to work on a lot of handmade stuff this year to give as presents. I made superhero capes for both my kids and my nephew. The rest of the stuff I can't say becasue I assume that if no one else is reading my blog, my parents are because that is the cool thing about parents. They read your blog and they notice your bruises and they listen to your stories about the stuff your kids say... and so there fore I will not disclose the other items of hand made origins!  Hi Mom and Dad!

But yesterday, having some scrap fabric and leftover iron-on letters, I looked into my little notebook that I keep with me at all times for ideas, thoughts, doodles, and the like.  I found this little doodle I did of a wierd little plant with the words next to it "and and and and and"  I only had enough iron-on letters for 3 'ands' but I thought, since I had this plain blue shirt I was doing nothing with and time alone with my sewing machine, I'd make myself a little present.

Voilla! There's my new shirt.  The only sad thing is that I was expecting to come to work today and have all these people say "Wow, what a wierd shirt! Where did you get it?" and I would smile gleefully and say proudly "I MADE it!"  Yeah, that didn't happen.  No one said a thing.  Although my coworker Ben did give it a once over glance, so I jumped on it! "Do you like my shirt!!" I said, "I made it!"  "And and and..." Ben said. 

Well, I will wear it again.  Perhaps to another arena.  Maybe I'll make some more after this holiday season is over and I'm done knitting and sewing and cutting and pasting presents for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment