Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back to it

Tomorrow we go back to the real world.  The real world where we have to get up at 6:00 and put on coats and go somewhere first thing in the morning and be apart from each other all day and come home in time to have dinner, give baths and go to bed...
Now, I could look at it that way and in my weaker moments (like I just had) I may choose to look at it that way, but in my stronger moments, which I will have now, I'll look at it this way:

Coen will go back to the school that he loves with amazing teachers and pretty soon he'll get to start practicing for the school play which he got a part in and is really looking forward to.

Lucy will go back to daycare with Sarah, who she adores and calls "My Sarah" and also to days with her grandparents and getting her little brain and body ready for next year when she starts K3.

Tad will go back to this school program, teaching him Montessori methods which he is very lucky and pleased to be in, getting ready to be a kick-ass teacher next year. (He told me he's feeling good and ready to tackle this second and final semester head on.)

I will go back to a job that I love with all kinds of exciting programs and projects on the horizon and get to spend mornings at my desk drinking coffee and catching up on messages and visiting with coworkers who I really like and enjoy and whom I have not seen for two weeks.

So there.

Happy New Year everyone...once again!  I have been sort of in la la land with my year of living simpler with the holidays and everything, but I am ready to get back to it.

Photo taken by Coen of Tad and I on New Year's Eve.    


Coen and Lucy celebrating New Year's in the Czech Republic

No comments:

Post a Comment