Wednesday, January 5, 2011

To melt chocolate for dipping or not to melt chocolate for dipping

It is really hard to get rid of this sweet tooth.  After spending two weeks eating ice cream and cookies and chocolates and candy canes and ice cream.....  I had said that I would stop it.

But yesterday, Tad handed me a bowl of chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream.  I had to eat it.

So tonight, I am thinking that we have this last five or six digestive biscuits and a 1/4 bag of chocolate chips.  I am seriously considering melting the chips and dipping the last of the biscuits in them so they are chocolate bottomed digestive biscuits.  Is that so terrible?

It is hard getting back to reality. Not just because of the sweets.  I have missed my kids at work these past two days.  And also it is hard in a monetary fashion.  December was a three-paycheck month for me at work so Tad and I pretended in December that we are not a single income family.  We did some out for dinners, bought presents for the kids, each other, went to coffee shops...  It was fun.

And now it is precisely nine days before I get paid again.  I told Tad he could buy coffee today and then that's it. All the rest will have to be for groceries.

But that's okay.  That's all we'll need.

Oh well....

No comments:

Post a Comment