Friday, January 28, 2011

Thank heavens for comp time

I am SO lucky to work someplace that values family time and understands the complex schedule of someone like me---working full time at a non-profit, raising two kids, volunteering on various committees and boards...

Both my parents and in-laws are out of town this week which means two less days of free daycare (how I appreciate our parents!!!!!) and I went to my supervisor to ask her if I could work from home and rearrange my schedule a bit to accommodate my lack of childcare and try to avoid paying for too much extra.  She knows my one-income situation and told me that whatever I needed to do was fine with her.  So next week, I'll be working from home 1, 1.5 or 2 days, depending on what kind of help I can get.  I am so appreciative!

Today I'm home with my little Lucy girl because I work tomorrow (Saturday) instead.  Tomorrow I get to go to the US Cellular Arena and present to a three groups of about 50-75 cub scouts about people with disabilities and adaptive sports so they can get their disability awareness badges.  Exciting!  After that is a Wave game at the arena and I get to bring my family. 

So, because of that and some other evening hours in the past 2 weeks, I get to be home today.  It is so nice to have some alone time with my younger child which is rarely a natural occurrence. 

Currently she is hiding behind me because Curious George is apparently stressing her out with whatever amusing jam his curiosity has gotten him into this morning.  Better go cuddle her!

Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment