Monday, January 10, 2011

Sick day

Before I launch in to how god-awful I feel, let me show you the results of my money spending estimates in Chicago:

Estimates                                                         Reality
My share of the hotel -- $40                            Hotel -- $40
Dinner tonight -- $20                                       Dinner-- $30
Sodas at the bar -- $5                                       Drank water at the bar $0
Taxi back to the hotel -- $20                            Taxi back to the hotel--$10
Breakfast tomorrow -- $15                              Free hotel Continental breakfast Coffee for the road $2.50
Total--------------------$100                              Total--------------$82.50

Not bad, eh?

Yeah, so the sad thing about Chicago was that I have been sick since last week Thursday and it is just not getting any better. So while usually I am a highly entertaining individual who adds to a party, I was more an observer with an occasional funny comment or addition to a situation. It was hard not being at my normal speed.

Today I left work halfway through the day and have secured myself a doctor's appointment for tomorrow.  This involved a lot of directory checking as we are now on Badgercare due to our income (which is nice) and I found that my doctor does not take state insurance and I had to research to find another (which is not nice).

Something weird is happening with my lungs.  I have a cold, and that is annoying, but the real problem is that I have pain every time I breathe deep, cough, laugh or sneeze or even move my head wrong.  So hopefully they will tell me that it is a problem very easily solved with antibiotics which can be covered by my insurance.

It is nice to work someplace that allows for sick time. I usually don't take at as I am able to plow through these little illnesses without much notice, but this cold FAILS!

I'll keep you posted.

Aah--aah--choo!!

Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment