Monday, January 24, 2011

Lost key card

Well, I lost my key card to get into my office building.  This is the second time I have lost it and my workplace charges $20 for a replacement. 

Friday, I left work with it hooked in its usual spot-on my left pocket. At my daughter's daycare I noticed it was still on and I said "Oh! My key card is still on!" And laughed. 

When I got home and hung up my coat, it was not there.

I walked around outside in sub-zero weather, I crawled around the frozen garage floor, I drove over to my daughter's daycare and hunted in snowbanks with a flashlight.  People were looking out their windows at me.  I was frustrated....I was cold...but....

No Keycard.

$20

Right now, I am guessing its mostly the winter blues, the lack of cash, the pent up energy of my children.  But I feel that I might spiral into the depths of despair because of my missing keycard.

Don't worry readers.  I will get a grip. Tad has promised a movie and chocolate chip cookies tonight.  It'll turn around, I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment