Friday, August 12, 2011

Girl time!

Last night, Tad went to see a friend in Madison and Coen went on his annual trip with Tad's parents.  They like to take him on some kind of adventure. This year they went hiking in the Devil's Lake area.

So it was just Lucy and me at home.  We put on dresses and had a girls night out!  First we drove to the east side and went to Alterra for coffee.  (and juice for Lucy). Then the two of us went to play at the park.  I even indulged her and went down the double slide with her, holding hands.  Finally, we went out to a fancy party.  My friend Laura, who works at Mandel Group in Milwaukee, asked me to come to the grand opening event of a new luxury high rise apartment building.

Lucy and I ate free appetizers, drank free beverages, listened to a band, and walked around touring the units in the buildings.  In one apartment, Lucy was reclining on a couch with designer pillows all around her, a panoramic view of Milwaukee behind her.  She yelled out, "I LOVE this party!" and all the building managers there to answer questions laughed.

Lucy loved going up and down in the elevators and I loved seeing these nice places and the view of my city from up above.  The sun was shining and the lake was so blue and sparkly.  There were sailboats on the water, and you could see all the people walking around.  It really made me appreciate my city.  Sometimes driving around, you stop looking for beauty, things begin to look drab.  But up there, wow, Milwaukee's cool.

This morning I am sitting next to Lucy drinking coffee while she watches Sesame Street.  Later this morning, she and I will go for a bike ride with our friends Jen and August.  It's fun having girl time!

No comments:

Post a Comment