Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A thank you blog



Many people helped my family this year.  Many.  I am going to try my best to make a list of those people for whom I am very thankful....

  • For my parents and Tad's parents who said they would help and support us no matter what and did and continue to do so... 
    • For the vacations, the babysitting, the dinners, the lunches and the breakfasts, the purchases of childrens' shoes, extra household items, and fixing things at our house...and on and on and on...
  • For my sister, who brought over dinner, invited us for dinner and took me out to dinner...
  • For my colleague Matthew who anonymously donated gift cards which enabled me and my family to go out to dinner and me to go out with my girlfriends
  • Speaking of anonymous...for the anonymous 16 who gifted us the most creative, generous, kind and FUN twelve days of Christmas my family has ever experienced.
  • For my cousin Susie, who, when she heard of our situation gave us a very generous gift to help us out.
  • For my friends Laura and Nick who gave us a large supply of frozen meats that we could use for meals for weeks and weeks.
  • For my neighbors  who are part of the most wonderful neighborhood any one's ever lived in.  They gave us support. Listened to me complain. Share meals with us. And helped us with our children.
  • For my coworker Stephanie who EVERY time time she broughtfood for a meeting, gave me the leftovers along with other generosities here and there.
  • For my other coworkers who shared with me, and asked me how things were going over the year.
  • For my friends who have listened to me worry, reassured me, and been there in general
And for anyone else I forgot, I am SO thankful. I vow now and hereafter to pay it forward as we prepaer (in just two paycheck's time :)) to become a two-income family again.

I am so grateful for the help we received. And for the kindness.

THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment