Thursday, September 2, 2010

Birthdays!

Autumn is a time for birthdays in the life of my family. And birthdays lead a person to thinking: presents & parties.  And presents & parties lead a person to thinking: money.  *Sigh*
Now, today my husband, partner, love-of-my-life turns 36.  I've already taken care of the cake issue (if you read yesterday's blog) $10.00 chocolate chip cookie cake at Sentry.  But a present.  Hmmmm.  Obviously I will not be indulging in the capitalist venture of buying him a shirt or tie or cd or concert tickets like I have been wont to do in years past.  But really, I don't want to give him nothing!  So here's what I'm doing:  I have printed up a series of three (very adorable) pictures of Tad with his children.  When we were in the Dells this summer, and had to wait an extrordinarily long time at a restaurant for our food, Tad let Coen and Lucy, climb on his lap and color his white t-shirt with crayons.  It kept them involved for at least twenty minutes and was a lovely sight to behold.  Looking at the pictures, it really hit me what a great dad he is.  I'm not sure how many people would allow two children to create arwork upon their person, but Tad doing so showed his patience, creativity and absolute dedication to his kids and their needs at that moment.  So I have printed three of those photos and will matte them with colorful art work by the aforementioned children. All I have to buy is a cheap triple frame from Michael's craft store.  Voilla!  Birthday present!

No comments:

Post a Comment