Saturday, September 18, 2010

Gratitude

After Wednesday's frustration with all the work that goes into living/eating simply, yesterday a really nice thing happened.

My coworker Diana came up to me with two gift cards. One to Noodles and one to Chipotle.  She told me she heard about my situation, and hadn't known. So I told her about Tad's schooling and how excited we are about it. Then I thanked her for the gift cards. She said they weren't from her. They were from someone who wished to remain anonymous. For now.  Wow.

I can't even begin to describe what a gift that was.  My plan for tonight was to take the three pounds of chicken thighs out of the freezer to thaw and then spend tonight making crock-pot Chicken Cacciatore.  The last thing I wanted to do tonight (after having made hummus and tabbouleh for a dinner party Sunday afternoon, African peanut stew for dinner Monday and Tuesday, chicken nuggets and another noodle dish for my kids who don't like African stew, potato leek soup on Tuesday for Wednesday and Thursday, homemade spaghettios for my daughter who won't eat potato leek soup, not to mention baked banana bread, chocolate chip cookies, and pretzel light sabers)....the last thing I wanted to do tonight was to MAKE MORE FOOD!

So thank you thank you anonymous donor, from the very bottom of my heart, and also from my brain--who needs a break--because I don't WANT chicken cacciatore on a Friday  night. I don't want to prepare or even REHEAT anything on a Friday night. So thanks to you...we are going to pick up some burritos from Chipotle tomorrow and I am going to breathe a big, happy sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment