Sunday, September 5, 2010

Date night

Tad and I had a date night last night, which was mostly free, thanks to Milwaukee in the summer.  Also thanks to my in-laws who were kind enough to let us drop our kids off yesterday at dinnertime and keep them until later today.
Yesterday Tad participated in a Fantasy Football draft at his friend's house.  A friend who was kind enough to cover Tad's cost of the league fees, realizing that he'll likely win. Apparently, my husband is good at fantasy sports. I don't understand it at all, but I suppose it's no more inane than me checking facebook several times a day.  We all have our guilty pleasures.  Anyway, families were invited over there after the draft so Tad and I ate an early dinner there with the kids.  Then we took them over to their grandparents'
For our date, we went to Made in Milwaukee, a free event with music, art and food.  We weren't too hungry, so we split a crepe between us, so our dinner was $3.00 apiece.  Then we took a long walk around our old east side neighborhood and went home to watch a netflix movie and go to bed.
Today, the date continues.  We used the kid-free time to walk to outpost for a smoothie, coffee, baked-good breakfast and walked back home to clean and organize closets and rooms.  I cleaned up and fixed up a dollhouse we got from a coworker of mine. It is in tip-top shape now, all the furniture and dolls in a pretty tissue paper lined box, ready to wrap for Lucy's 3rd birthday in November.  Tad organized his closets and and before he put all this clothes in the goodwill pile, I grabbed the stuff that would make good scrap fabric for sewing projects.
Now I'm waiting for my homemade pizza dough to rise, pizza for dinner tonight when the kids get home. 
Also, I walked around that art fair yesterday and did not buy a single. lovely, handmade thing.  And I lived to tell the tale!

No comments:

Post a Comment