Tuesday, September 14, 2010

You can't buy it

   It doesn't matter what I make, as a sole-income earner, or what we make when we're both working. It doesn't matter what kind of retirement plan I have or the brand names of food I can buy.  What matters, what always matters, is right now.  And if my right now, whenever and wherever that is--now and later... includes living a life I love with people I love, then I am happy.
  And my right now, at this moment, includes this phone conversation that I just had with Tad.

Me: Hello?
Tad: Speaking of gorgeous.
Me: (laughing) Hi baby.
Tad: I just walked outside for lunch and while you beat this day a million to one, it is still lovely out.
Me: I love you.
Tad: I just want you to know that I know I am in the right place right now.

He goes on to tell me about some concerns Coen was expressing about his first grade classroom and some of the rules (which are new to him--going from kindergarten to first grade--elementary school--is a big transition for him).  Tad was able to express these concerns with his teachers at the Montessori Institute and they assured him about some things and gave him some ideas for talking to Coen about it.

We talk more and I remind him that we're having African Peanut Chicken Stew tonight...  over rice.  A very cheap and fun thing to make.  If its good, I'll post the recipe!

We both hang up feeling good and I take my lunch break to go for a walk outside in the gorgeous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment