Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blogitive

If you've been reading my blog, you know that I am keeping pretty positive about this whole thing.  And if you know me, personally, you know that I am a positive person overall.
But I have to say, as of late, I feel like my entire life is ALL FOOD.
I am shopping for food, preparing food, making food, cooking food, packaging food, freezing food, thawing food, thinking about recipes and coupons and grocery store fliers and sales. I am stirring it, mashing it, recycling it...not to mention eating it.
    Sheesh!

I do realize that part of the problem is that I have yet to get into a groove. I realized that if I make a huge dinner on Sunday (when I have time), it can last Monday through Wednesday even and then I don't have to do anything but reheat.  Also, it is warm-ish so there are a lot of bananas, zucchinis and tomatoes that are suddenly going bad and have to be baked, mashed or cooked into a bread or a sauce or a cookie and then frozen for later. I will have this down to a science by winter.

I also realize that it is Coen's birthday weekend and also three school events to which I have to bring food in the next seven days. That will not always be the case, of course.

I'm sick of food.  But alas, dinner time will come and I will eat again.    As a matter of fact, I'll sign off now to have a snack.  And I'm telling you all about it. I'll think neither positively or negatively...just blogitively.

No comments:

Post a Comment