Saturday, September 18, 2010

Burritos, delicious they were.

 Just a note: yesterday's post got posted this morning!  Oops.

Yesterday we used our Chipotle gift card.  All four of us piled in the care after work/school/daycare and drove to Chipotle. The kids giggled, trying to say the name of the restaurant and Tad and I held hands while he drove.

I had brought Lucy's spaghettios from home (she doesn't like Mexican, my picky girl.)  We got in line and ordered and Lucy asserted that she wanted the RESTAURANT'S spaghettios and not ones from home. While she wasn't looking, the wonderful staff of Chipotle put her spaghettios in a chipotle bowl and garnished it with shredded cheese. Lucy was none the wiser.  We ate our dinner and headed home with leftovers. 

After Lucy was in bed Tad, Coen, and I made popcorn and poured beverages and together cozied up on the couch and watched The Empire Strikes Back. We have been reading the original Star Wars books with Coen and when he finishes, we let him watch the movie with us after bedtime.

This is a wonderful free form of entertainment....letting your kid stay up past bedtime and watch a movie cuddling with mom and dad. 

1 comment:

  1. Spaghettios from Chipotle! This post made me smile:) Sounds like when I was a wee lad, and I had my "Dit Dit" doll. (*Big Bird, but I couldn't say "Big Bird" so I said "Dit Dit.") And my parents stocked up on, like, 5 Dit Dits because mine kept getting dirty or lost or whatever, and I had no idea that one Dit Dit kept replacing the other! Clever, you parents....

    Love,
    N

    ReplyDelete