Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Going over

Well, I did my grocery shopping today and it came to $93.08.  Now, obviously that is almost $20.00 more than I'm supposed to be spending on my groceries BUT... besides this week's meals, I also had to shop for Coen's TWO birthday parties, an all school picnic (potluck), an all school meeting (bring a dish), and family coming over for dinner on Sunday.  Oh and it was our turn this week to contribute to Coen's school snack.

So subtract $5.00 for two cantaloupes for school.
Subtract $11.00 for three cases of soda for Coen's family birthday party Sunday.
Subtract $9.00 for the grilling stuff I would not have otherwise bought for the family coming over

That brings my total to $68.08.  So there.

 They are re-organizing and re-doing the entire pick-n-save on State Street in Wauwatosa.  I used to be able to whip through that store and get my groceries got in 30 minutes flat.  Now, with my new, calculator, grocery store savings flyer and organized list system, it is taking me an hour to shop.  And today! Today, the honey was in the soap aisle, the bread was in the cheese aisle, the tomato sauce was in the boxed food aisle and the baking supplies were in the cereal aisle!  It was like a scavenger hunt trying to get my groceries.  It took me almost an hour and a half!  But I was backtracking and hunting and laughing and one of the Pick-n-Save employees told me I had the right attitude.  I should hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment