Monday, June 13, 2011

bicycle

 I did two things today that were free and enjoyable.

1.  I rode my bike to work today! It is the first time I've ever done that...it was lovely.  I took the Hank Aaron trail.  Then on the way home, I dropped by and got Coen and we biked back home together.  Next time I'll just have to remember not to fill my bag so full!

2.  I remembered an old song my dad used to sing me as a lullaby and I sang it to Lucy tonight.  Singing it, and looking at Lucy's big brown eyes, all sleepy and dreamy, I remembered being a little girl and laying in bed when my dad sang to me.  Tucked in at night, freshly bathed, the nights my parents didn't go out...and my dad sang me "time after time", I can still remember how safe and loved and wonderful I felt. 

Here is a link to Kathryn Grayson, Frank Sinatra and Peter Lawford, doing time after time, if you should like someone to sing YOU to sleep.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlBYm4WWGs4

No comments:

Post a Comment