Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Today was a much better day

     
Ironically, this picture was taken on the broken bench outside the gas station before purchasing ice cream.
Last night, after my traumatic evening (see yesterday's post), Tad and I put the kids to bed and sat up talking in the quiet of our living room. TV off, laptop closed, a few candles going and our voices.  We talked about parenting individually and together and how we both have such different parenting styles that sometimes its hard to mesh.  He told me some funny stories about the kids-things I'd missed and I told him about work stuff. 
I woke up this morning feeling much much better. 

My mom, when I met she and my dad at Alterra to hand over my kids, handed me an envelope from my cousin.  My cousin just read my blog and wanted to help in some way. She gave us a gift that was impossibly generous and extremely thoughtful...and just at the right time.  How lucky am I to have such friends and family in my life...  not just people who have helped us out this year, but also those who have supported us, and loved us.  Wow.

I stopped home after teaching a class in West Bend this morning and had lunch with Tad, throwing a load of wash in on my way out.  Later in the afternoon, I had a voice mail.  It was Tad.

"Oh! Hello there.  I am leaving this message for Alie Kriofske Mainella...  You were at my house earlier today... Well, you left your under wear on the floor.  Just thought I'd let you know."

I must have dropped some laundry.  That message made me laugh and laugh.  My kids are in bed now.  I hope to talk to my cousin tonight, and possibly a friend too.  Then I'll read my novel with the Brewer game on in the background.  I love it when another day comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment