Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday, lovely, Sunday





The sun is finally shining.  The kids slept all the way until 7:00. And Tad and I had a really great night playing a board game with friends.  The makings for happiness!

Today, after coffee, breakfast and our weekend TV viewing time, we all went outside and the kids ran around and rode their bikes.  After a while, we took a family walk down to the Mobile station and bought a Sunday paper.  Tad wanted the sports page, Coen wanted the comics, I wanted the Entree section and the coupons and Lucy was just content to take a walk.  There, we ran into Tad's cousin Jenny's husband Dino who is a police officer in Milwaukee.  We chatted with him for a while and then headed for home.

After we all read our favorite newspaper sections and Lucy colored on the chalkboard, Coen walked over to me and said, "Mom? I don't know if you're going to say 'yes' to this or not, but I'm going to ask anyway... Can we do some kind of project?"  I pulled out some garden stones and a wooden lizard and paints and the children currently are painting away as I type this.  Tad's still reading the sports page.

It is blissful.  After a while I'll bring out a snack and later this afternoon we're all going to meet up with some friends at Pride Fest.  Tomorrow is the first day of summer vacation for my three family members.  And since I don't have to take anyone anywhere tomorrow morning, I'm going to ride my bike to work!  Happy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment