Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer

Today was officially the first day of summer for three of four Kriofske Mainellas.  Tad was home with the kids today and it was a lovely feeling indeed to leave the house this morning without getting anyone up, making any breakfast (aside from a bowl of special K and a 1/2 banana for myself) or ushering two small individuals to the car.  Ahhhhhhhhhh.

There are several things a person can do for free in the great city of Milwaukee if one is a resident.  Today Tad took Coen and Lucy to the Milwaukee Public Museum where they proceeded to spend an hour in the streets of Old Milwaukee. Tad thought maybe the rain and cloudy skies put the kids in the mood to be somewhere dark and somewhat spooky.  They had a great day.

I started my Youth Leadership Summit at work. This means I will be putting in 50 + hours this week.. But that's okay, I am excited about the work, and the kids I'll be working with!

Other things a Milwaukeean can do for free in Milwaukee
Mondays: Public Museum, The Domes
Tuesdays: Concerts at the Peck Pavillion
Wednesdays: The Art Museum
There is also Chill on the Hill in Bay View, Concerts in Washington Park, Opera concerts at Alterra at the Lake, and Picnics by the lakefront...

There's more..but my child just came downstairs because he doesn't know what to read now that he's finished his book! Sheesh!!! And good night.

1 comment: