Friday, June 10, 2011

Why is my heat on?

Well, today was the last day of school.  Usually the last day of school is celebrated by a big picnic and gathering in the park, but today it was 55 degrees and rainy.  So Tad and I dropped Coen off at school where he had fun and watched a movie and we went grocery shopping with Lucy.

We took the kids out for a celebratory last day of school lunch.  (We could splurge as we had little to pay for daycare this month--Yay suddenly having a teacher for a partner!) and then home where we lounged and watched a movie.  I did laundry while the kids viewed and Lucy stripped down to her birthday suit and found a warm cuddly spot inside the laundry basket.

We all went outside to play for a while until it got too chilly and we came in for a very wintry dinner of grilled cheese and soup!  The exciting thing is that the soup we ate was delicious seafood bisque made and packed up for us by our neighbors Lynn and Bill.  And the cheese was leftover from our grill out last weekend. I forgot to bring out the cheese for the burgers so hurray for unexpected extra cheese!

I love a meal that just pops up like that, unplanned. Now the meal I was GOING to make for tonight can wait another day, thus drawing out the length of time before we need groceries again.  The heat is on as the children just took a bath.  I intend to leave it on until I go to bed.  My children felt sorry for Mother Nature as I was speaking poorly about her this evening.  But, I mean, come ON!  I'm back in my fleece!  Mother Nature! I want to pack up my fleece!  Give us back the heat!



Lucy, on a puddle hunt

Getting warm in the laundry

No comments:

Post a Comment