Monday, June 6, 2011

todayday

Today I am 36 years old.  I always liked the number 36.  It's a nice number!

I had to work today but I went to work in my kick-ass new yellow shoes that Tad gave me.  These shoes cost a pretty penny.  But Tad reasoned (bless him) that I spend no more than five dollars usually on one article of clothing as I am a major thrifter...so pretty penny shoes, I do deserve--so he says.  He also picked me up at noon and we went out to lunch at Casablanca (two for one coupon from United Way) and for a stroll down Brady Street (our old stomping ground).

On my way home from work, my mom called me and told me my birth story which she does every single year without fail.

This evening, we sat in the backyard with the kids.  Coen dragged out a table and chair with a notebook, some books on space and a pencil and did 'research' on black holes. Lucy drew on our new white-erase board easel given to us by our wonderful next door neighbors.  Then they ran through the sprinkler.  We ate grilled veggie burgers, and my mom's cheesy potatoes, and beans and fruit with cake for dessert. (all leftovers)

Now I am going to settle in and watch baseball with Tad.

Here are some photos of the people I brought into the world and the person I brought them in with.


No comments:

Post a Comment