Saturday, May 21, 2011

7 years. No itch.

Seven years ago today, I put on an antique white dress and had daisies braided into my hair, while my sister and sister-in-law helped change 9 month old Coen into a little baby maroon tuxedo.  Seven years ago, I danced down a grassy aisle at South Shore Park, down towards the lake, arm in arm with both my parents while Bob Dylan sang "The Man in Me" towards the love of my life.  Tad Mainella.  Seven years ago, Tad and I promised to love each other, to be partners, to laugh together and work together and carve pumpkins together every Halloween.  (Yep, that was in the vows).  Seven years today, while we all stood outside and the wind blew and the sky grew suddenly black, the entire wedding party dashed inside the South Shore Park Pavillion to finish off the proceedings.  Seven years ago, I promised to love and care for and be with my husband. 
He still leaves me romantic notes, writes me emails that make me cry with joy, and looks at me in a way that makes me feel like there really is magic in the world.
Happy Anniversary to us!  I am so lucky to have found what some call Soul Mate, some call Love of a Lifetime, some call a good match.  Whatever you want to call it, I have it and I can't believe my luck. 
Today we'll celebrate our anniversary by celebrating Tad's finish in school and appreciating what we have and where we're going.

No comments:

Post a Comment