Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rainy day...rainy mood?

Well, today I woke up and it was raining, and cold and damp in my bedroom.  My alarm was going off at 6:00 a.m. so I could get up and do some sit-ups and weights before the day started.  'No way.' I said to myself.  I rolled over and went back to sleep.  At 6:30, I whispered to Tad, "Do you want to shower first or should I?"  He groaned. "I feel terrible.  I feel hot, and my stomach hurts." Uh oh.

Tad has only three days, including today to study for his oral exams.  Yesterday he submitted all his final written work for his Montessori certification.  Today he's supposed to go over to his school at 1:00 to make sure all final copies were accepted.  And now he's sick!  I am trying not to panic for him. 

My kids had the blah's...Neither of them wanted to go where they had to go today.  Poor Coen's requests for gum...a car snack...going back into the house to get his comic book to look at in the car...were all denied by me.  He was not a happy camper.  Lucy protested getting her coat on, getting her shoes on, heading towards the door.

After the kids were dropped off, I came into work.  I took a short rainy walk on my break, feeling sad for my kids...sad for Tad...sad for myself.  Then I pulled my headphones out and put my ipod on and played some music.

It's amazing to me, what music can do for your frame of mind.  The Flaming Lips began singing in my ear..."Do you realize, that you have the most beautiful face? Do you realize we're floating in space?"

And my spirits lifted.  The raindrops turned to music notes.  My brain turned around (as my son would say). I realized.....

Its only rain.  It will make the flowers and leaves grow.  Its only a Wednesday. Tomorrow and tomorrow will come and bring us the weekend again.  Not only that... This Saturday, Tad will take his oral exams. And whether he passes them all or not, he'll still be a teacher next year at Highland Community School.  Any orals not passed, can be taken again.  Whatever is ailing him is only a bug and it'll go away.  "Do you realize" is our wedding song. And on Saturday, besides Tad being done with school, we'll be married seven years.  He's going to be a teacher. I have a great job. We have wonderful children. 

I have made pictures below, showing what music (or whatever it is you do to make yourself feel better in times of trial) can do....

Happy Wednesday.  It's only rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment