Friday, May 20, 2011

Almost there

Tomorrow Tad takes his oral exams for his Montessori license. Tomorrow, he comes home to me and my kiddos and I finally get him back!  And Highland Community School gets him as a teacher.  I can barely contain my excitement.

I have to say, when he first told me that he was quitting his corporate job, going back to school and getting this certificate, I was terrified.  One income for a year, sounded to me like a death sentence.  But here we are, 10 months later, and we're okay.  Stronger, smarter and not really that far in debt!

In January, Tad made me stop numbering each month in a Montessori countdown.  The day I came to terms with things, I immediately went and put a big 11 on the calendar to countdown to 11 months left of single income living...11 months left of Tad being in school.  But he told me that he didn't want it to be a countdown. He wanted it to become what our life was.  And it did.

I stopped counting.  We cut coupons and shopped at certain stores. I made much of my bread and pancakes and desserts from scratch.. We did it. And we'll keep doing it.  Who knows..maybe next year we'll save a little!

At 9:00 a.m. on May 21st, send Tad your good energy and love as he is going through his examination.  On this day, he also goes through his graduation event.  And on this day, Tad and I will have been married for seven years.  Go Kriofske Mainellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment