Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Opening for Teddy Kennedy Jr!

Okay, well I'm not really opening...  But tonight is my workplace--IndependenceFirst's big annual fundraiser--The Power Dinner! And our keynote is Ted Kennedy Jr.

Every year at this event, one of our programs is highlighted.  And this year the Youth Leadership Program was chosen.  And guess who gets to get up in front of 700 people--all wating to hear from a Kennedy-- and speak about said progams!! Yep, you guessed it.  Me!

I am very happy about this opportunity for many reasons:  1: I like nothing more than to speak to an enormous crowd, a microphone in my hand.  2: I am sharing the stage with Ted Kennedy Jr. and 3: I am so proud to be talking about a program that seven years ago, did not exist.  And it exists today because I was given the opportuntiy to work at this fine establishment and make my own way within it.  I created the Youth Leadership Program and all the little and big projects within it.  I had the help of many and the cooperation of a ton of youth.  But its my baby..and I'm so proud to get to share it tonight with the greater Milwaukee community!!!


The first ever Youth Leadership Summit, June of 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment