Sunday, May 29, 2011

Beautiful

If you have not heard the song "Sharp Cutting Wings (Song to a Poet)" by Lucinda Williams, check it out if you get a chance.  It is beautiful. I put it on the very first mix tape I made Tad when we were just falling in love.. I had heard the song a multitude of times before, but after listening to it, in love with Tad...I realized the words perfectly conveyed how I felt about him.  He told me that he never though a woman could really get him...and when he heard that song that it blew his world apart.  Anyway, it was the song we danced to at our wedding seven years ago.  We listened to it today on the way home from Madison and tears spontaneously fell from my eyes, as we listened to it, driving home.  I know it sounds really cheesy. But it is what I have always wanted. To share a love with someone that could still hit me seven years later, and make me cry.

We had a GREAT time on our weekend away.  We slept TWO TEN HOUR NIGHTS!!!  Any of my readers who are parents KNOW how glorious and how important this is.  We talked and laughed and played Frisbee and went out to eat three times!  We split each of those three meals, saving us tons of money.  Friday night we had Chinese food. We each got a soda, split an appetizer, a meal and a dessert.  Saturday a.m. we went out for brunch and split that (each got our own coffee though!). And Saturday night we went out to dinner and each got a mango lassi, and we split an appetizer and a meal, and each got a cup of soup.  Saturday night though....  we returned to our hotel to sit on the bed and watch movies and this is what we ate (I should be ashamed of this, but I am not):

1 bag of caramel bugles
1 caramel filled chocolate bar
2 sugar cookies
1 bottle each (glass bottle mind you) of original coca cola!!

It was heavenly! Quite hard to fall asleep though!

No comments:

Post a Comment