Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blissful

Tad had his Montessori graduation yesterday.  He has a few loose ends to tie up, but is otherwise finished and certainly de-institutionalized!  And back!  He said today, as we were standing outside watching Coen and Lucy discuss ants on a tree, our arms around each other, how good it felt to be part of real life again!

Tad took his exams yesterday morning, and I waited three point five excruciating hours before he called to tell me he was done and feeling good.  Then we waited another four slightly less excruciating hours to get the final OK call from his instructors.

Then the four of us went to his graduation. 
The ceremony was really nice and very well done!  I even got recognized for my baked goods and other Montessori morale-boosting I tried to provide throughout the course of the year.  When Tad's name was called, tears immediately sprang to my eyes.  Coen leaned over and looked at me speculatively.  Then he said, "Are you happy crying, Mommy?" 

I was.

Lucky for us, Coen had a sleepover last night at his friends' house...Lucy slept over at my parents'.  Tad and I slept a wonderful ten and a half hours and then drank a pot of coffee between us.  We picked up Lucy and Coen and spent the day outdoors, feeling blissful.

Now, I wait for Tad to come down from putting Lucy to bed (Coen is reading) and we will watch The Ricky Gervais show and eat Double Caramel Magnum Bars. If you have not tried these triumphant works of dessert artistry, you should.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment